Dental Hygienist In Romford & Havering
Practicing good Oral Hygiene will help you to maintain a healthy mouth and prevent gum disease, tooth decay and other serious dental problems.
We recommend all our patients regularly visit our dental hygienist throughout the year. Understanding the principles of why you need to keep your teeth clean and gums healthy, will help you keep them strong and for as long as possible. Our hygienist will detect any tooth decay, bleeding or receding gums, bad breath and any potential problems as well as provide you with dietary advice and how to brush your teeth properly.
An introduction to good oral hygiene upkeep
- Brush your teeth twice a day and use a recommended mouthwash to help keep your teeth strong and healthy.
- Use dental floss in between your teeth, as brushing only cleans 60% of the surface of your teeth.
- Eat less sugary snacks and fizzy drinks to prevent tooth loss. If you still want a fizzy or acidic drink, use a straw to protect your teeth from an acid attack.
- Chew sugar-free gum, as it will help you produce saliva in your mouth, which will stop it from drying out.
- Quit smoking. Smoking can cause tooth straining, tooth loss, mouth cancer and also makes gum disease worse.
This is just a general guide but a visit to our dental hygienist will help inform you of the right products to use for your teeth, and give you a dedicated maintenance plan.