Dental Crowns & Bridges In Romford and Havering
If your tooth is chipped, broken or damaged we can restore your natural smile with a dental crown, which is a strong and long lasting cosmetic solution.
Fitting a new crown will usually take two visits. The first visit is to prepare the tooth. We would take the impressions and make a note of the shade of your teeth. The second visit is when we permanently fit the new crown in place.
Key facts about Crowns
- Crowns are perfect for improving the appearance of your teeth if the filling is discoloured.
- Crowns are used to protect a weakened tooth if you’ve had a root canal filling. They’re also used to hold a bridge or denture firmly in place.
- You will have to wear a temporary crown between visits whilst your permanent crown is being created. There is usually a 1-2 week gap between visits.
Dental Bridges In Romford and Havering
A bridge will ‘bridge the gap’ between teeth, and essentially fills a gap left by a missing tooth. A bridge is a popular alternative to dental implants and has an immediate effect on your overall confidence, by providing you with a full set of teeth.
Bridges use the adjacent teeth to hold and support the bridge in place. The teeth on either side of the bridge are prepared so that they’re able to support your bridge with strength. With a bridge, you will be able to chew and eat as normal.
Key facts about Bridges
- After an examination, we will be able to tell you if you have strong enough teeth with good bone support for the bridge to be the right choice of treatment for you, or if you need an alternative treatment.
- You’ll need to clean your bridge every day. Our hygienist will be able to tell you how to use a bridge needle or special floss to thoroughly clean the bridge.
- If you have recently had one of your teeth extracted, you may need to wait up to 6 months before a bridge can be fitted.