Full & Partial Denture Experts in Romford, Essex
Losing teeth can be very stressful and affect your confidence, the way you eat and general way of life. A partial denture can substantially improve the appearance of your teeth and a complete denture will totally restore your smile.
Denture treatment is one of the more popular general dental treatments in the UK, because of the excellent transformation. Removable false teeth conveniently fit over the gums and replace missing teeth, so you’ll never be self-conscious about smiling.
What is a denture?
Dentures are basically removable, false teeth than can replace missing teeth and help to completely transform your smile and condifidence. This applies to people who have lost all their teeth in the upper and lower jaw (full dentures) or people with some missing teeth (partial dentures).
They are attached to a metal or plastic plate which then fits inside the mouth.
The benefits of dentures
- They look and feel like normal teeth so no-one will notice they are not natural
- They feel comfortable
- Dentures will make you look younger as you will no longer have the 'sunken cheek' appearance associated with having no teeth.
- They help improve speech and eating
- They will improve the appearance of your smile, which should result in improved confidence
Key facts about dentures
- A partial denture procedure fills gaps in your teeth where a tooth (or set of teeth) is missing.
- A full denture procedure is when all natural teeth are replaced on either the upper or lower jaw.
- Dentures are made from either acrylic (plastic) or metal and are designed to look like your natural teeth.
- Dentures help you eat with more comfort. Patients with full dentures are able to speak with more clarity.
- If measurements are taken beforehand, your dentures can be fitted straight after your teeth have been extracted. This is known as an immediate denture.
Looking after your dentures
Although wearing dentures may feel strange initially, don't worry as you will soon get used to them.
Depending on your exact treatment, you may need to wear the dentures whilst you sleep at first but your dentist will advise of this.
Just follow these guidelines:
- Always follow the advice of your dentist
- Please ensure your dentures are kept moist after you have removed them - this could be in a denture cleaning solution or just a glass of water. This helps ensure the dentures maintain their shape.
- Keep your mouth clean and follow normal teeth brushing advice for any remaining teeth to prevent further decay, gum disease etc.
Cleaning your dentures
Clean your dentures as often as you would your normal teeth (ie. a minimum of morning and evening) using these methods:
1. Remove and gently clean your dentures by soaking and brushing them with a soft-bristled brush and denture cleanser. This is essential to help remove food, plaque and other deposits.
2. Make sure to remove any denture adhesive by cleaning the grooves that fit against your gums
How much do dentures cost?
To keep this treatment as affordable as possible, we have ensured our denture prices are extremely competitive when compared to other dentists in Romford and Essex.
Our prices therefore start from £650 and we also offer 0% Interest free payment to help you spread the cost of this treatment. To see all our prices please visit our prices page.